I saw a lady in the subway station today.
今天,我在地鐵站看到一位女士。

She was quarreling with the security guard, because she was not willing to put her handbag into the security inspector.
她正在和保安爭吵著,因為她不想把她的包包放進安檢機。

"It's expensive!" she shouted, "The machine's gonna scratch it!"
“這很貴的!”她喊叫到,“機器會把它刮花的”

I noticed the logo on that handbag when I passed by.
當我從她身邊經過的時候,我注意到了包上的logo。

Yeah, it was of a luxury brand and looked quite new.
嗯,的確是一個奢侈品品牌,而且包包看起來很新。

And judging from the lady's reaction, I guess it's authentic.
而從這位女士的反映來看,這包應該是正品。

But if you check out the lady's other items and her behavior, it's not so difficult to see that her income may not be very high.
不過,再看看她身上的其他東西,以及她的舉止,不難看出她的收入應該不是特別高。

So it's highly probable that the handbag really cost her a fortune, maybe the money she saved from her every meal.
所以,這個包對她來說很可能是一筆很大的開銷,可能是她從每頓飯中省下來的錢。

And apparently it was also costing her this precious commuting time and at the same time her good mood.
而且顯然,這個包不光花了她的錢,還在消耗她寶貴的通勤時間以及她的好心情。

"Sad." I thought.
“悲哀呀。”我當時想。

My mother once told me: "Never buy anything that you can't really afford to use."
我媽媽曾經對我說:“永遠不要買你用不起的東西。”

It's not only about money. It's about everything that you give up for it.
這不光是關于錢,而是關于你為這件東西付出的一切。

I'm totally happy with my handbag that I bought online. It's not expensive. It's not of any luxury brand. But it's of great quality and designed in just the way I like it.
我本人就覺得自己在網上買的這個包挺好的。它不是名牌,但質量很好,而且正是我喜歡的設計。

That's enough.
這就夠了。

When you buy things to use, you own the things.
當你買東西來用的時候,你就擁有了這件東西。

When you buy things to worship, they own you.
而當你買東西來崇拜時,是這件東西擁有了你。

And I don't want to pay to be a slave.
而我,并不想花錢去成為一個奴隸。

 

(翻譯:能貓)